Saturday 31 October 2009

Assignment Montage Portfolio



31st October- I had to create a montage as one of my assignments on final cut. The theme for my montage assignment and our portfolio , is the theme of water. I will take around 20 pictures which I will then add to a piece of music of my choice that match the mood of the pictures. The music that has influenced my piece is the group Klannad see http://www.moyabrennan.com. I wanted to create an atmosphere that was low key and haunting.

I felt that the music went well with the pictures as it suited the tone and the mood that I wanted to create which was a calm atmosphere then I wanted to build up the tension. I used fade out shots to create transitions to different parts of the music that would bring the pictures back on the screen on the beat, for example there was quiet instrumental music that that I wanted to show with the image of trickling water.

Ross's Water Montage from Ross Weir on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment