Friday 5 February 2010

Oh My God 5th February

Oh My God 2 from Ross Weir on Vimeo.



Today we continued with the Oh My God execrsise but to experiment with the 180 degree rule as me and mandy used the edited version of ours and the aim of the excersise was to team up with another group who was the opposite as we shot the frame from left to right, we had to find another group who shot right to left.

The other aim of the excersie was to show what the frame looks like when the 180 degree line is crossed and to also create a continuous motion to show both characters running but in opposite directions to also create a narration and storyline.

This excercise was varuable to me as it was another chance for me to improve with my editing skills and improve my technique, for example when to cut away at a cetain meoment to craete a consistent and constant flow but to also judge as a story teller what wpuld come next in the scene as the previous task was to collect and edit the shot, throught the use of a shot list, this time we had to develop our understanding of editing through the way we narrate and tell a story.

If I was to do this excersise again I would find a better way of laying out dragging the file onto final cut as this took some time, however I feel more comfortable when creating subclips and feel more confident with using final cut and judging what scene will fit in where and where the right place to cut is.

No comments:

Post a Comment