Saturday 14 November 2009

Friday 13th Edit

We were given the task of editing film to music by using the software final cut. This was a useful exercise as it allowed me to have more practice using the software and allow me to experiment with effects, for example speeding up certain scenes and copying and pasting images.

I changed the speed in some cases during the edit that allowed me to either speed up or slow down specific parts of the video as I wanted to create an atmosphere of anxiety. I was also able to copy images more than once that allowed me to repeat the process, for example if there was a certain moment which I thought would be effective. I was also able to create subclips which was usueful in the sense that I was able to choose and separate specific clips that I wanted to use into folders.

Untitled from Ross Weir on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment